Tuesday, May 1, 2018

May 2017 Paper Pumpkin Sprinkled with Love Alternative

Yes, I am a year behind on some of my Paper Pumpkins!  Shame! Shame!  Round cards just aren’t my style, I much prefer regular shaped cards.  The donuts are fairly big too, so this months Sprinkled with Love Paper Pumpkin kit was a real struggle for alternatives for me.  Off to Pinterest I went.  My oh my!  What smart people there are out there!  Before I knew it, I had 21 cards, 3 of each design done! I cut the donuts in half and away I went!  Since the square envelopes weren’t going to work for my cards, I cut and used some of them in my cards too.



Contains supplies for 9 round cards and envelope bags: 6 donut card bases, 3 circle card bases, 9 printed kraft envelopes, 12 printed frosting sheets, 6 die-cut frosting stickers, 2 sheets heart and circle stickers, 2 sheets die-cut banners. 1 sheet die-cut flowers, 50 adhesive-backed sequins, 50 adhesive-backed pearls, 11 yds gold/vanilla twine, 25 dimensionals, 200 adhesive dots, Sprinkled with Love stamp set, Soft Suede ink spot.
Coordinating Stampin’ Up! colors: Calypso Coral, Powder Pink (new 2017-2019 In Color), So Saffron, Very Vanilla. 

Card 1 of 7

The only thing I used extra on this card was Calypso Coral cardstock and Calypso Coral ink.  I stamped the background with the sprinkles stamp included in the kit using Calypso Coral ink.

Card 2 of 7

Cardstock: Not Quite Navy, Gold foil, Soft Sky.

Ink: Not Quite Navy, Soft Sky, Versamark, Soft Sky.

Tools: gold sequins, 3/8” metallic glitter tape, gold embossing powder.

Dies: Stitched Shapes framelits – I stamped the background of this with the sprinkles, Butterflies Thinlits.

Card 3 of 7

I had already thrown the negative sheet to the frosting in the garbage when I stumbled across this card on Pinterest.  Unfortunately, there was no blog address on it.  It is watermarked with a name, but I can’t really make it out – possibly Cheryll Stalate.  Anyways, great use of this piece. 

To create the bee hive, I swiped my ink pad across the sticker panel until I got the color I wanted, then I repeated on a scrap of white cardstock; peeled the sticker off and mounted it to my colored white scrap.  I then cut around them.  I cut 6 bees per card.  I adhered 3 of them to the card then added dimensionals to the remaining 3.

Cardstock: White, So Saffron, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Gold foil.

Ink: So Saffron, Soft Suede.

Tools: Honeycomb embossing folder.

Dies: Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits, Seasonal Layers Thinlits.

Card 4 of 7



This was a total CASE of Sunn Stammpin’s card minus the washi tape.  I cannot find the original post but HERE is her blog.

Stamps: Jar of Love (2017/18, Dragonfly Dreams (2017/18).

Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Sky Blue.

Ink: Soft Suede, So Saffron, Soft Suede marker, Crumb Cake, So Saffron marker.

Tools: doily, Honeycomb embossing folder, Very Vanilla grosgrain ribbon.

Dies: Layering circles framelits, Petals and more Thinlits (Occasions 2018).

Card 5 of 7

I used Calypso Coral cardstock on this card.  I stamped a few more sprinkles to the donut using Calypso Coral ink.

Punches: Itty Bitty Accents (2014/15), 1/8” circle

Card 6 of 7



I only used Soft Suede and So Saffron to create the cupcake.  For the first image, I stamped the ink off twice; the second image was stamped off once and the third image was full strength.  I did add some pink sprinkles to the frosting, but it doesn’t really show.  Really had to hold my tongue just right to fit the scallop circle!

Stamps: Sweet Cupcake (017/18).

Cardstock: Very Vanilla, So Saffron.

Ink: So Saffron, Powder Pink.

Tools: Softly Falling embossing folder, baker’s twine.

Dies: Spellbinders scallop circles, Stitched shapes framelits, Cupcake Cutouts framelits.

Card 7 of 7

Cardstock: Soft Sky, Powder Pink.

Ink: Soft Suede (included in kit).

Tools: Stylish Stripes embossing folder.

Punches/Dies: Swirly Scribbles Thinlits, 2-3/8” scallop punch.

So, if you haven’t gotten on the Paper Pumpkin parade yesterday, I encourage you to give it a try.  Just sign up on or before the 10th of the month to get the next month’s kit.  Your first order comes with an acrylic stamp block so you can mount the stamps.  Everything you need to make the kit is included in your Paper Pumpkin Box.  Click HERE to sign up today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...