Tuesday, March 14, 2017

February 2017 Paper Pumpkin Alternative – PP02-17


Paper Pumpkin ~ The Gift that Keeps on Giving (written by Stampin’ Up!).  Paper Pumpkin is Stampin’ Up’s crafting subscription program.  Skip to the fun with everything you need to make a creative project every month – its all precut and ready to go.

Pay as you go $26.95
3 months $79.
6 months $154.
12 months $295.

Includes shipping and you can cancel at any time.

Subscribers also have access to a selection of past kits and refills (while supplies last).

It has been posted that the upcoming April Paper Pumpkin Kit was designed by SU!’s very own CEO Sara Douglas! The kit will be including a FREE gift inside every April box! It's going to be a surprise! Who doesn’t love a surprise, right?  It will be Paper Pumpkin’s 4th birthday so I can’t wait to see what Sara has come up with!

Live in Canada? You can order the Paper Pumpkin subscription HERE

Here is everything that came in the February 2017 Paper Pumpkin kit - a sheet of gold glimmer candle flames, card inserts, a sheet of printed invites, adhesive dots, patterned die-cut paper in combos of Pool Party, Night of Navy and Flirty Flamingo, ink spots and the Many Happy Birthdays stamp set!  Kit contains supplies for 9 candle pocket cards and envelopes 

Here are the cards it was designed to make.  When you pull the tab at the bottom, the words read through the cut out in the card.  There is room on the inside to add a gift card if you desire. 

As usual, I wanted to make alternatives. I needed some 15-year-old birthday cards so this is my first one. 

I cut the printed cardstock down to 3-3/4” x 5”.  I used the dots and striped image from the stamp set to stamp on the white part of the card base. 

I covered the back of the glimmer paper with packing tape as I wanted to punch out balloons with the Balloon Bouquet punch. 

I taped Summer Starfruit bakers twine to the back of each balloon then added a puddle of Tombow glue to hold the strings together near the bottom.  It will be hiding under the phrase.

With the help of my Misti, I stamped on the back of the printed invites with Night of Navy ink.  The ‘th’ is from the Number of Years stamp set.

The Misti helped me align the ‘to you’ on the tabs of my scrap pieces. 

I added one tab to the end of the Birthday phrase.

We are told to die cut from the wrong side of glimmer paper but when doing numbers (Little Numbers Thinlits), you have to die cut from the right side otherwise your numbers will be backwards. 

And here is the other one I did using the scraps.  I was trying to figure out a smaller flame for the candle so was happy to see Debbie Beaulieu Henderson card using the Festive Flower Builder punch!
B015b


Island Indigo, White and Calypso Coral, Island Indigo cardstock; Calypso Coral, Island Indigo inks; Balloon Bouquet and Festive Flower Builder punches; 3/8” Metallic Ribbon (SAB 2017); Summer Starfruit Baker’s Twine were used for this card.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...