Friday, August 7, 2015

Milestone Birthday – 7 years old – B07a


For my 7 year old cards, I decided to use fish as the theme.  So, we will start out with Nemo!  Isn’t he just the cutest!  I kinda followed Niki's’s layout.  She used a retired butterfly punch for his tail.  I don’t have that punch so I used the Bigz Beautiful Butterflies die for mine.  I also followed Simple and Sincere’s tutorial for making a fish hook from a paper clip.  I needed to use over half the paper clip for mine.  I balled up a piece of wax paper and pounced the card with Bashful Blue ink for the sky.  I used the ¾” x 15/16” oval punch to cut the waves at the top of the blue DSP.

Here is the poem I used for this 7 year old card.
You’re a little fish, you like to swim
We can't catch you, 'cause you have fins
When you swim past your friends, we hear them say
Stop your swimming and come and play!
Happy 7th birthday!

Here is what I used to make Nemo.
Fins – Modern Label punch.
Tail - Bigz Beautiful Butterflies die.
Face – large oval punch.
White part of eyes – ½” circle punch.
Black part of eyes – large eye on the Owl Builder punch.

Cardstock : Tangerine Tango, Whisper White, Petal Patch DSP 2006.
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, Tangerine Tango, Basic Gray, Bashful Blue.
Accessories: white gel pen, Little Sizzlits leaves, mounts, sponge, wax paper, paper clip, Going Gray marker, Rhinestones.
Punches: 1/2” Circle, 1” Circle, 1-1/4” scallop Circle, Owl Builder, Bird Builder,  3/4”x15/16” Oval, Large Oval, 1/16” hole,  scallop oval,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...