Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Recipe - Ice Cream Sandwich Cake

3K Oil had their annual Summer B’que at their cabin at the lake.  As usual, the supper was fantastic!  Then Loralee brought out this Ice Cream Sandwich Cake!  It was absolutely to die for!  I had to try making it! 


12 vanilla ice cream sandwiches, unwrapped

1 liter container Cool Whip

250ml jar Smucker’s chocolate topping, room temperature

250ml jar Smucker’s caramel topping, room temperature

1 cup Skor toffee bits



Arrange a layer of ice cream sandwiches in the bottom of a 9x13-inch dish.  I cut some so they completely covered my pan.


 Drizzle with a layer of chocolate and caramel topping .  Use the back of a spoon to blend slightly.


Cover with Skor bits.


Spread with Cool Whip and top with more Skor bits.


Because I was making this for coffee time for the men doing the reno’s at our house, I stopped there.  The recipe I found repeats another layer of ice cream sandwiches, toppings, skor bits ending with a top layer of Cool Whip and Skor Bits. I was afraid my men would think they needed a snooze if I made it that big for them!!  LOL The recipe above is the full recipe but I only used half of everything.

Cover dish with aluminum foil and freeze until set, at least 30 minutes.

This looks pretty sad to the one Loralee made but hey, my guys went back to work!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...