Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Craft – Hello Kitty Goodie Bag

 
Normally I save the last Tuesday of every month to show the cards we made at Joanne's SU! Workshop.  Hubby had a Doctor's appointment in Saskatoon on the 21st which was Joanne's Workshop so I had to miss it.  Instead, I will share this Goodie Bag.  My daughter asked if I could come up with a Hello Kitty goodie bag for her 3 year olds birthday.  Kinda followed what Presently Pink did on her blog.  We couldn’t find any white paper lunch bags so I googled a Hello Kitty coloring book page so I had the whole head to follow.  We will glue it onto a brown paper lunch bag when we are done creating.  Once I had the head printed out, I glued it to construction paper to give it a little thickness for tracing.


 

I cut out the eyes, nose and whisker placements so I could trace directly on to my cardstock.  I knew I was getting help my Zig marker.
 

 

I bought a bottle of FolkArt black glitter, transferred it into a ‘writers’ bottle with a pointed end (this bottle was just about empty) and glittered each face before I cut it out.   Set this aside.

 

Used various punches by SU! for the bow parts (Regal Rose by SU!), eyes (Black) and nose (Barely Banana by SU!).  Cut whiskers about 1.25” long from black cardstock.
 

 

Outline each piece with glitter glue before cutting out then wait for the little helpers before assembling.
 

 

Let the fun begin!
 

 

Addison helped with the most part as Brynn had fallen asleep.  Once she woke up, she helped us finish.
 

 

Glue face on to a brown paper lunch bag.  They did very good!  It did help to have the pattern traced to the face.
 

 

And here she is at her 3rd birthday with her Hello Kitty cake! Forgot to grab a picture of her handing out her Hello Kitty goodie bags!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...