Monday, April 19, 2010

SU144 One Layer Card

Marie K hosted a One Layer card swap. It was difficult to come up with an idea using only one piece of cardstock, however, I am pleased with the way this one turned out.

After I had stippled the top and bottom of my card with a shaving brush, I stamped the image on the white cs in brown ink, masked the sky area with a scrap of paper, stippled a horizon then removed the mask. I re-inked the stamp then stamped it on wax paper. I turned it upside down, with the ink towards the paper, and lined it up, so the image would be matching. I then brayered over it, to leave the reflection. It goes down a lot lighter, which is perfect for a reflection.  Known as the Reflection Technique or Mirror Image Technique.

Stamps - Upsy Daisy.

Ink - Tempting Turquoise, Close to Cocoa.

Paper - White, Tempting Turquoise.

Accessories - 11/4" circle punch for moon mask, wax paper, shaving brush for stippling, scrap paper for masking the horizon, stamp aligner.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...